Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Goddamned Google!

O.k., it took a while, but I finally figured out how to log back into my Blogger account. Anyway, I have a cyberbuddy, Scott Erdo who posted some excellent pics of Old Glory 15s French Chausseurs a Cheval. I can't really do justice to the figures, but here are some pics of the same figs I painted about 10 years ago. The thing is that I'm not sure about the colors. I think that perhaps my color choices are a tad too bright, but then again, I look at figs on the table and two things come to mind. First, at 15mm, no one really notices, and second, who really cares? It's a 15mm game, and the focus should be on the game, not on the color of the cuffs of the uniforms of the figures. The thing for me is that I paint WAY more than I game, and I love trying to recreate the figures in miniature. There is that, and so I changed brands to AB because the sculpting is outstanding. On the other hand, the general spirit of the OG15s is hard to beat. Here are a couple of pics from about a decade ago. The paint job probably could be better, but the spirit of the sclupts is really great.






4 comments:

Paulalba said...

They look ace Mark, full of energy.

Sun of York said...

ABs look good in bare metal while Old Glory 15s seem disappointing, but once they are painted they really come alive. I've recently added a unit of ABs to my army that were painted a long time ago, must be the season for it. Your guys look great.

AJ (Allan) Wright said...

Great looking figures. The colors are just right and the basing gives them a very animated look. Well done.

Mark Case said...

Thanks guys. I'm working on some more French at the moment, not sure how long it will be until I get into something new (I'm thinking about Russians). One a nice note, the problems I've been having with my painting hand appear to be related to Diabetes, so with proper meds the problem is going away! Thank you all for your support.