Sunday, March 16, 2008

Some RHA Pics for fun






These are pics of a recent weekend project to paint some Royal Horse Artillery from the Penninsular era. The figures are AB - quickly assuming an equal plane in my opinion with Old Glory 15s. The differences are sort of a trade-off; the sculpting is exceptional with AB, and the casting is always clean. OG has great energetic poses, and of course, cost a ton less. For most people using the 3 foot rule, OG would be the hands-down winner, but then there are oddballs like myself who like to paint detail that it would be impossible to see at 3 feet, just because a) I'm bored, b) I paint much more than I game, and c) it is always a challenge just to see if you can do it.

The painting procedure is similar to that of the Hussars in a previous post, except that black primer was used instead of white.

No comments: