Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dragoons are done, now there are 180 French infantry on the bench!

Here are some pics of the French Dragoons painted and based. For the tufts, I used the late summer color, and the "short" tufts, which is to say these are the 2mm version. The color was changed because the dragoons have green jackets, and I figured that the really bright green of the spring tufts would be a bit much.

Lately, capturing good lighting for the pics is challenging (my lighting equipment crapped out on me, so I've been relying on natural light), but hopefully these give you the idea of the effect of cavalry figures with the Silfor tufts. The painting procedure was the same as described for the British hussars, but with different colors, obviously. The flag is from Warflag, and the highlight color for the orange was a highlight I mixed myself. I simply tinted the orange color with white to make a sort of pastel orange color, which worked for this particular group.

Cheers, and I'll try to keep you up to date on the progress of my mass painting attempt.